Wednesday, February 16, 2011

coffee makes me hallucinate

Caffein is a drug. I have been documenting the effects of caffein, specifically through the use of coffee, on my mood, physiology, mental thinking, ability to concentrate, hyperness, etc. Basically I have just been observing the effects of coffee on my thoughts and actions based on amount, time of day, and mood prior to consumption. So far I have not been using very sound methodology, I have been randomly drinking coffee in random amounts and forms without specific documentation, just anecdotal documentation.

The results are as follows:
1. Jerky head motions
2. Feelings that my face has widened to encompass my abnormally wide eyes
3. inability to concentrate
4. increased feelings of calm and acceptance
5. increased tiredness of the body but alertness of the mind
6. being paranoid
7. etc? what is going on????

Coffee is fun but I don't think I can use it like the common abuser. So far the most efficient use of caffeine for me is at work, it makes me hyper fast and I don't mind all the stupid/excessive complaining/annoying customers as much as usual, I don't like to stand still so look like a better employee always doing something or moving. (The trick to being a good employee is not to BE a good employee but to LOOK like a good employee).

In regards to the title: I truly think coffee makes me hallucinate, at least as far as hearing is concerned. I seem to hear things that don't exist. The world also looks different, in a way that is not easily described by me.

Should I be drinking coffee? Perhaps not in circumstances where I would need complete lasting concentration, such as when I need to study. This means that I can't do all nighters, they are very non-efficient for me because I don't work well when I am tired but to counteract the tiredness I won't be able to concentrate, i.e. not worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment