Saturday, July 2, 2011

Surprise

I was in a hurry to get to work but I was curious to see if we had gotten any mail (me in particular really) because I know that I hadn't checked it yesterday. I hurry out to the mailbox and lo and behold there is a mini package addressed to me. Whoopee! Mail! I bring it to my car and leave the rest that is not for me. I'm sitting in the driver seat and I open up the box, slitting the tape on either side. I open it up and bam! Ants are everywhere! I screech and throw the box and its contents on the ground beside my car, get up really fast and brush off the excess ants that had crawled onto my pants. They had little white things on them, like wings or eggs or something. So the real question is, are these Washington ants or did they just camp out in the mailbox because of the rain and somehow get in my package? Anyways, thanks Debbie-Doo for the thoughtful present. (The best presents are the ones that are given for no "reason" i.e. when there isn't a requisite present requirement due to some commercialized holiday).

2 comments:

  1. uh, gross ... and ... weird ... or what else was in that days mail? Maybe they came from another piece of mail and "jumped ship" ... and what was on the knife you used to slit the tape??? ... or maybe they "spontaneously created" (as opposed to combusted) ... or maybe, and this is just a theory, working hypothesis sort of deal, but maybe, possibly it was an 'inception' (do you have any memory before said ants arrived on the scene)(you have entered the twilight zone....) ... and were they all different ants, or did they 'repeat' as if you were in the 'matrix' ... I'm just asking ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait,...just did a little internet research...apparently the USPS is doing top secret research into more effective mail delivery -> 'homing gnats'!

    ReplyDelete