Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

This post goes out to my daddy. Increasingly I have realized how lucky I am (and was) to have the parental support I had. Children these days have not always gotten the "training" and help that I had. I am able to do so many things that without my daddy would not have been possible. Most notably and off the top of my head I count my expert ability to make change as one of those skills that I was trained to do at an early age by my dad. It comes in handy at my job as a waitress, where making rapid change without devoting all my brain power is immensely helpful. Sometimes I see the other waitresses struggling with this and even whipping out a phone to do simple calculations (in front of customers) and I am even more grateful for this useful and simple skill that I have.

I recently talked about my dad and his influence over my life to a new person that I met. I told him that it was because of my dad that I do a lot of the crazy things that I do and am not really shy. My dad is always doing goofy things and is the sort that has fun in everyday situations. Just yesterday I spent about 20 minutes talking to the people giving out samples at Target and being super friendly. I always think about my daddy when I do things like that. Or joking with strangers or even striking up conversations with strangers, that is the sort of thing I mirror from my dad's behavior. Whenever I go to a new restaurant I like to ask the waitstaff their opinion on what is the best and usually I'll just get it or sometimes I do the "dad" and get the one item on the menu that is named after the restaurant.

My dad has been supportive of my insane goals and crazy ideas throughout the years and has facilitated me in some of them directly. He got me my 5k piece puzzle that I have been working on to complete one of my lifelong goals. He is always encouraging me to reach high and not settle as a sheeple person. I love talking to my dad, he is always so proud of me and it's like a form of therapy where I'm continuously getting positive feedback.

This post goes out to my dad, who I'm always thankful for and glad that he has been involved in my life the way he is. Thanks daddy and happy Father's Day!

-Your Favorite Younger Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment