Thursday, October 20, 2011

Unintended pun?

I was at work the other day. I had gotten sat a 4 top. They were two middle-aged couples. I went over to greet and ask if they wanted drinks. Right away, before answering me, they started talking to each other in another language. I was taken aback. What language were they speaking? I guessed Russian, it didn't sound hard enough to be German. I know very few words in either language, so I wasn't 100% certain either way. They turned to me and gave me their drink orders. I went to the back to get their drinks and ran into Jay Jay and said to her, "I think my table is Russian." She responded quite casually, "Are they in a hurry?" I stopped for half a second then burst out laughing. She looked at me, "No, I think they are speaking Russian and may be from Russia." She laughed a bit too. I continued laughing at the perfect misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment