Thursday, August 4, 2011

7/30

The day we met. Before I forget details I should probably document so I can look back and go "aw." It was a Friday. I had a hard week, working 40+ hours in just 5 days (like a regular person!). I had gone on a date every single evening and it had taken its toll on my morale, especially since the first date ended in a nasty letter and the second date ended in awkward uncomfortability. Scratched off both. At work on Friday I had given Mr. H my number to give to his friend because I had decided to just plug ahead and keep going, however I had promised Pat that we would hang out Friday night after he got off work and I was determined to keep this date (he was the guy who I had canceled on several times because I was exclusively dating someone else before and once I was too tired to make the drive). I didn't have to go into work-second job- on Friday because the manager had let me not come in because I told her I was worn out and needed a break. I ended up staying at the camp until 7:30 or so helping with the Harry Potter special event, basically I helped dissect squids (yay!). I had to leave to give me enough time to shower and get ready for my date but ended up hanging out with Nicole for an hour or so before going home. She wanted to hang out with me and got very sad when I told her I already had plans that unfortunately didn't include her. I then tried to back out of my date with Pat so I could keep Nicole company and not let her get depressed. She turned her mood around and insisted that I continue with my date as planned because "this could be the one." My new philosophy with all these dates is "F it, I'll just go" so I showered and got ready for my date and drove the 50 minutes out to Clearwater to meet him.

First impression: well, he only had one picture available and it was a close up shot of his face and he had on sunglasses so it wasn't quite representative at all. He had a pleasant face and almost no hair (on his head and on his face) which always surprises me in a guy (plus in his pic he had some chin hair). He had a very calm/pleasant aura, like a natural way about him. He asked if I wanted to go to the beach or sit and talk by the pool. I opted for pool because driving makes me nervous with new people. He lives in an apartment complex with a beautiful pool with a little path and sitting area right over a lake with couches and chairs, which is were we sat to talk. I took a chair so we wouldn't have that awkward "how close do we sit together on a couch" moment. We talked about all sorts of things and I got a very good impression of who he was by his casual nature and how collected he was, in his mannerisms, gestures, and life history. He made me feel almost completely at ease, except for the "breaking the first physical barrier" moment that always happens with new relationships. Eventually I went over and sat next to him on the couch to get more comfortable physically. My arm touched his but ever so slightly. The night wore on and I started to worry about the 50 minute drive home. Suddenly we were holding hands, but not for long because I wanted to sensually explore and ended up feeling the lines in his hands, his fine arm-hair, and long fingers. I felt like I had known him longer than I actually had. I was very tired and started saying random almost delusional things because it was past 2 in the morning. I wanted to cuddle up next to him and sleep, to feel protected and comfortable. I mentioned being so comfortable, with him, that I could sleep right on that couch outside. Long story short he invited me to not fall asleep driving and sleep over, no funny business, so I did.

I feel this natural connection with Pat that I had not felt with most all my other dates this summer. There is no trepidation that I'll find out some secret or unworkable trait or life style characteristic, only excitement to learn everything and spend every waking and non-waking moment with him. The only thing I'm missing now is the seal of facebook officiality.

No comments:

Post a Comment